What do we want to do as a School Council?
- To make each year group more involved in school life
- To suggest changes within the school that our students want e.g. tuck shop, lockers, new kit for specific clubs, more prizes for merit points scheme
- To get all students involved in decision making and do more things
- To make school a better place and improve school environment
- To stop bullying
- Keep things confidential when necessary
- Raise money for local charities
- To help and support students in our school
Who do we want to help us do it?
- Board of Governors
- Ms Stuart
- Senior Teachers
- General teachers – Form Tutors/Year Leaders
- Class representatives
- Sixth Form/Student Voice Leadership Team
- Parents/P.A.L.S Group
- Whole student body
How will we let the people know what the Student Council are doing?
- Notice board
- Assembly presentations
- Class representatives in form time
- GMS website
- Social media updates
- Updates on the TV’s in the canteen and around the school
- Local newspapers
What jobs will we have on our School Council?
- School Council Year Leaders
- To organise and hold regular meetings
- To advertise School Council work throughout the school
- To use social media to update our students on the work of the Student Council
- Form Council Reps who represent each year group in a positive way