There are several important resources that are valuable to Sixth Formers who are considering going on to higher education. Anyone considering university as an option after Sixth Form should read the following guides and follow the links:
- Scholarships, grants and bursaries database : The Scholarship Hub is a comprehensive database of scholarships grants and bursaries that are available to UK undergraduates. Students can search for alternative funding for their degree by subject, institution, and a wide range of eligibility criteria. Please point out to your students that many can be used at any university so it is worth searching under “No specific university” as well as any specific universities they are interested in.
- Guide to UK scholarships: you can download a copy of our Guide to UK scholarships as well as our tips on applying for scholarships and grants. You may wish to consider distributing these to parents too as, more often than not, they drive the search for scholarships.
- Student finance infographics: we have some simple to understand infographics which help explain the student finance and the loan repayment system. There is a lot of confusion about how student finance works and these two infographics provide a straightforward visual representation of the system. If you would like to use this infographic on your own website, do get in touch with us and we can give you the HTML code. You will also find written explanations of Student Finance and Student Loans.
- Student loan calculator: this is a simple tool to help visualise the likely interest payments that students will face on their loans based on their future income.
- Glossary of financial terms: for most students, going to university will be the first time they are taking responsibility for their own finances. To help them, we have put together a glossary of financial terms which assumes no prior knowledge or understanding of finances.
All information is provided by The Scholarship Hub