Here, at Belfast Model School for Girls, we have a team dedicated to the cross-curricular development of Literacy.
The Literacy Team includes:
- Mrs Green – Leader of Learning (English and Literacy)
- Mrs Dalzell – Leader of Learning (R.E)(ALoL – Year 14)
- Mrs Johnston – Leader of Learning (History)
- Mrs Fitzpatrick – Leader of Learning (Sociology)
- Mrs Hughes – Leader of Learning (Modern Foreign Languages)
- Mr O’Halloran – Teacher of English
- Miss McKibbin – Teacher of English
- Mrs Kelly – Teacher of History (ALoL – Year 12)
Through continuous professional development, we aim to design and introduce new strategies that will enable students to enhance their literacy skills, which will benefit their learning across the curriculum.
At present, we are working alongside organisations such as; Magenta, Accelerated Reader, Lexonik Leap, PiXL and Literacy Planet – to ensure that students are provided with a range of fantastic resources to enable them to progress.
We also have a number of fantastic clubs that students can attend, should they wish to further develop their literacy skills, outside of normal class time. Clubs such as; Book Club, Creative Writing Club, Debating Society, Wednesday Workshops and Jigsaw.