All pupils are requested to pay yearly School Fund of £25 per student or £40 per family. This money is used solely for the benefit of pupils and is spent on various items and services that our budget allowance from the Department of Education does not meet. The following are some examples:
- Extra-curricular activities such as singing/dancing lessons and sports events
- Entrance fees to various competitions
- Hire of sports facilities that cannot be paid for through our budget
- Prefect badges, honours badges, games badges
- Early closure (Translink charge the school when pupils leave early each holiday time!)
- Music Exam fees and copyright fees
- Subsidy of school trips which are not compulsory
- Expenses for minibus which cannot be paid for through our budget
- Conferences and Presentations from outside agencies eg drugs awareness talks, careers information days
Although school fund should be paid upon returning to school in September, we unfortunately find that we are continually chasing up non-paying pupils throughout the school year. Prompt payment is appreciated and allows us to offer a wider range of activities for our pupils. The school office also offers the option of paying school fund in instalments.
Parents can also pay by PayPal via PayPal account to: email@example.com.